Home Featured Grants for Migratory and Seasonal Farm Workers Continuing Education

Grants for Migratory and Seasonal Farm Workers Continuing Education

by Jackie Davis

The Department of Education is currently taking applications for the High School Equivalency Program (HEP) for migratory and seasonal farm workers. This grant helps farmworkers, or their children, who are 16 or older and not currently enrolled in school obtain a high school diploma.

To learn more, we spoke with Elizabeth Evans, Senior Grants Development Consultant for Education at Grants Office LLC. “This program helps migratory and seasonal farmworkers, or their families, gain upward employment,” she said. “There is also additional training and programs that can help with college.”

CAMP, the College Assistance Migrant Program, goes beyond the GED and helps farmworkers or their families with higher education including “support services to make sure they complete studies like counseling, health services, and financial aid,” explained Evans.

These programs serve approximately 7,000 students a year and awards are made for up to five years of funding for HEP and one year for CAMP.

Ready to apply? Here are the details:

Who: Migratory and seasonal farmworkers or family members – 16 or older not currently enrolled in school or first-year college students
How: Apply with the U.S. Department of Education
When: Deadline is January 28th

Stay tuned for more grant opportunities by subscribing today.

You may also like